I am very excited to have the opportunity to be a LeapFrog ambassador and try out some amazing technology! Some is great for preschool, kindergarten, and first grades and others are great for helping to prepare our future students for the classroom!
— LeapPad Epic —
LeapFrog Epic is LeapFrog’s newest android-based tablet and is great for the classroom!
Here’s some important details about it:
- for ages 3-9
- it has an amazing camera and apps to go with it
- the home screen is interactive that changes (like with real time weather from outside)
- comes pre-loaded with apps and many are great for literacy and math
- a gigantic library of additional apps that use games kids love to teach such as Fruit Ninja Academy – Math Master
- it has a kid friendly search application so kids are safe on the internet at all times
- comes with a super durable case and is very kid-proof in design
One of the things I love about the LeapFrog Epic is the daily vocabulary app. Every day the students can log into this section and learn a new word! Today was the word tattered. The students listen to and read the word and in use! It’s animated so the word and definition really comes to life! The word stays the same all day so students all of your students can have a chance to do the mini vocabulary lesson.
— LeapFrog Number Lovin’ Oven —
The face says it all! The Number Lovin’ Oven is a HUGE hit with preschoolers!
Teachers love it because:
- practices numbers 1-5
- has lots of short songs that reinforce the concepts
- has following directions as the students are told to get a pizza with 2 pepperoni or to set the oven to a certain number
- builds early fraction skills as the bread is in thirds and the pizza is in fourths
- practices cleanliness as it tells students to wash their hands before eating or cooking
This is the perfect addition to any dramatic play center because it combines cooking with math! Students not only love to cook, but they will love the catchy songs that reinforce math and following directions!
— LeapFrog Scout’s Build & Discover Tool Set —
I think I love Scout’s Build and Discover Tool Set more than my preschooler! Again, look at the face of concentration! He is building and learning and NONE of the screws or walls from Scout’s dog house fully disconnect to get lost! #amazing #thankyouleapfrog
Things to know before you add to your classroom:
- Concepts include colors, counting, and has songs to reinforce concepts.
- It’s color coded so you use the red wrench on the red screw.
- Fits great in a block or building center as kids construct and deconstruct the house.
- Screws and walls of house are fully connected so they can’t be lost.
- Students feel success as they complete the task of building a house.