Are you looking for a fun literacy center for St. Patrick’s Day? This Pot of Gold Syllable Sort Activity is a great way for children to practice identifying the number of syllables in words.
How To Play The Pot of Fold Syllable Sort Activity:
Lee, Lenny, and Liam the Leprechauns are searching for pots of gold. Lee wants pots of gold filled with one syllable words, Lenny wants pots of gold filled with two syllable words, and Liam wants pots of gold filled with three syllable words. Can you help these lucky leprechauns find their treasure?
- Pot of Gold Syllable Sort printables (keep scrolling to download)
- White card stock or paper
- Print the Pot of Fold Syllable Sort printables on card stock or paper.
- Laminate the pictures cards and syllable mats for extra durability.
- Cut the cards and mats apart
- Mix the picture cards together and stack them into a pile.
- Lay the syllable mats out on the working surface or tape them onto lunch bags.
- Select a card from the pile and identify the picture.
- Count how many syllables are in the word.
- Place the picture card on the matching syllable mat.
This download includes 3 pages (with 6 cards one each page) of pictures cards, 3 syllable mats, and a cover if you want to turn this activity into a file folder game.
The picture cards include:
One syllable- cat, cow, barn, hat, leaf, and key
Two syllables- apple, monster, football, zebra, doughnut, and rocket
Three syllables- umbrella, hamburger, astronaut, alien, elephant, and dinosaur
This St. Patrick’s Day themed Pot of Gold Syllable Sort Activity is perfect for literacy centers or early finishers. It is also a fun and festive way to celebrate the upcoming holiday in your classroom.