The winter season is a busy time in the classroom. Whether you’re looking for winter-themed crafts, math worksheets, or fun literacy activities, we have it all! Keep your Kindergarten students engaged and excited with these winter learning activities.
Looking for winter learning activities? You’ve come to the right place. This post features a round-up of free resources that are perfect for kindergarten students and teachers during this season! They are perfect for classroom use or at-home practice! There is something here for every subject, from math to literacy.
Our list of activities is easy to prep and ready for you to use right away in your classrooms. We’ve got everything you need to keep your kids engaged in learning during the winter months! There’s no need to spend hours searching online – we’ve already done it! Download your favorites today!
Let’s Start With Some Great Books
One of the best ways to get into the winter spirit is by reading winter-themed books. There are so many great titles to choose from, and your students are sure to love them! Here is a lovely selection of winter-themed books
Winter Literacy Activities
During the winter, you will be focusing on building your student’s literacy skills. When the weather outside is frightful, why not have some fun inside with these winter-themed literacy activities? Try these
- Winter sight word practice sheets
- Color by code CVC Worksheets
- Free winter sight word game
- Snowman dot to dot ABCs
- Winter writing prompts
- Sight word snowball fight
- Initial sounds hot chocolate puzzles
- Ice fishing for sight words
Winter Math Activities
The winter months are a great time to focus on winter math skills. Why not combine a winter theme with math activities at this time of year? We’ve got many different ideas, and printable worksheets make preparation a snap.
- Snowflake winter math pack
- Winter math sheets
- Snowflake sorting activity
- Winter subtraction activity
- Snowman counting activity
- Snowmen Venn diagrams and sorting
- Count and graph snowflake activity
Winter Science Activities
The wintertime is a great opportunity to incorporate winter science activities in your classroom. We know that many of you study Arctic animals at this time of year, so we have some activities and resources for that. Here are some of our favorites! Snow and snowflakes are other obvious choices.
- Free winter animal worksheets
- Penguin activities
- Teacher approved Arctic animal videos
- How do Arctic animals stay warm in winter?
- How much water is in the snow?
- Videos about snow and snowflakes
- Free printable weather journals for kinders
- 50+ Winter STEM activities
Winter Arts and Crafts
It wouldn’t be winter without some fun winter-themed arts and crafts! Have you been looking for some easy arts and crafts to do in your classroom? Here are a few easy prep, classroom-friendly projects that will keep the kids engaged.
- Snowy trees in winter activity
- Reindeer hat
- Snowmen painting
- Snowmen with crayon noses
- Fine motor skills snowflake craft
Christmas and New Years
Of course, Christmas happens in the winter, so here are some easy holiday activities to enjoy with your students.
- Free letter to Santa
- Christmas story prompts
- Printable Christmas book
- Grinch day activities and Hershey Kiss graphing
- Christmas story prompts
- The Gift of Nothing writing activities
- Ornament Sight Words
- Grinch and Hershey Kiss Activities
- Polar express shape activity
- Paper plate Christmas ornaments
- Teacher approved Christmas movies with objectives
Free Christmas Activity Book
We’ve created a Christmas activity book just for Simply Kinder readers. This book is full of activities and coloring sheets. All you need to do is download and print the sheets. Here’s what you’ll get
- The cover and first page are coloring sheets
- 1 dot to dot page
- A match the numbers activity page
- What comes next puzzle
- Spot the difference page
- Color by code addition and subtraction
Use this for early finishers, indoor recess, and just for fun. It is also perfect for sending home for winter break.
Kid Made Gifts
What better way to show your love and appreciation than with a handmade gift? Children love making gifts for their parents and loved ones. We’ve got some creative ideas to help them create something lovely!
- Directed drawing calendar
- Easy sticker Christmas gift bags
- Handprint calendar
- Shrink film keepsake chains
- Printable coupon books for Kinders to fill in
Winter learning activities for kindergarten students can be a lot of fun, and now is the perfect time to focus on winter themes. This post includes some easy prep winter-themed resources that you might find helpful in your classroom or at home with your kids. It’s an excellent opportunity to work on winter-themed math skills, science activities, literacy activities, and arts and crafts.
What are your favorite winter learning activities? How do you enjoy winter with your students?