Are you looking for a fun literacy center for St. Patrick’s Day? This Free Pot of Gold Syllable Sort Activity is a great way for children to practice identifying the number of syllables in words.
This resource works well with
How To Play The Pot of Fold Syllable Sort Activity:
Lee, Lenny, and Liam the Leprechauns are searching for pots of gold. Lee wants pots of gold filled with one-syllable words, Lenny wants pots of gold filled with two-syllable words, and Liam wants pots of gold filled with three-syllable words. Can you help these lucky leprechauns find their treasure?
- Pot of Gold Syllable Sort printables (keep scrolling to download)
- White card stock or paper
- Print the Pot of Fold Syllable Sort printables on card stock or paper.
- Laminate the pictures cards and syllable mats for extra durability.
- Cut the cards and mats apart
- Mix the picture cards together and stack them into a pile.
- Lay the syllable mats out on the working surface or tape them onto lunch bags.
- Select a card from the pile and identify the picture.
- Count how many syllables are in the word.
- Place the picture card on the matching syllable mat.
This download includes 3 pages (with 6 cards one each page) of pictures cards, 3 syllable mats, and a cover if you want to turn this activity into a file folder game.
The picture cards include:
One syllable- cat, cow, barn, hat, leaf, and key
Two syllables- apple, monster, football, zebra, doughnut, and rocket
Three syllables- umbrella, hamburger, astronaut, alien, elephant, and dinosaur
This St. Patrick’s Day themed Pot of Gold Syllable Sort Activity is perfect for literacy centers or early finishers. It is also a fun and festive way to celebrate the upcoming holiday in your classroom.
Let us send it to you directly! Enter your information below and check your email.