Learn all about Santa with this super cute New Year Decodable Reader with activities.
A Science of Reading Aligned Decodable Reader with Word Work Activities for Mixed CVC Short Vowels: My Big Fun. Use the printable & digital activities to support decoding, segmenting, blending, reading fluency, and more with this huge set of activities.
Looking for the perfect decodable readers and activities to use with your class?
HURRY & grab this resource inside our MONEY-SAVING BUNDLE ON SALE NOW:
Included in this resource is one individual, 70+ page resource with everything you need. Each book has a cover page, a keyword warm-up page with decodable words & sight words, and a 6-page story focusing on a phonics pattern.
The resource is just the book and all the corresponding activities to go with it.
Decodables come in these formats:
- traditional decodable reader, horizontal orientation with words and pictures
- picture-less decodable where students can draw or glue in pictures
- foldable decodable book, no cutting or stapling
- full-size decodable books in black and white and color
Small-Group Aides Included:
- student keyword cards with clipart of decodable word and the word itself (comes with and without sight words)
- student warm up card to practice focus decodable pattern and sight words from the story
- word wall-sized word cards to use at your small group table with picture support and without
- student decodable cards, these can be put in baggies or stapled to make a practice book, these come in several versions including with words and pictures and with picture and no words
Word Work Printables Included:
- Tapping Words, students will tap the sounds and write the word (includes the exact number of taps on printable)
- Tap Color Write, students tap and color in the number of sounds they hear before they write the word
- Cut and Glue Activities, multiple printables to match the key decodable pictures to the words
Centers and Activities Included:
- Picture Cards for decodable words in color and black and white
- Center Card for those picture cards to draw it, tap it, write it, and build it
- Making Words letter tiles to make the decodable words in the story
- Clip Cards matching the picture to word and word to picture for decodable words
- Four in a Row Partner game using decodable words
- Foldable Word Books in several versions including writing the word for the picture shown and gluing the word for the picture shown
Print and Digital. All Decodables and Word Work comes in print and some come in Google and Seesaw formats too. Seesaw is really neat because it includes pre-loaded voice directions and your students are asked to record themselves reading the story back to you.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Wow, just WOW!! If you have been searching for decodables WITH word work activities AND center activities, then you NEED this resource! This resource also aligns very nicely with the science of reading approach, which is a huge plus! I highly recommend this bundle!!!
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Just started using this resource with my students and they love it! I especially love the variety of activities that I can choose from for each vowel. I send home the books for them to draw their own pictures after we read it together in class and work on the picture matching cut and paste activities during center time. Thank you for making such a bountiful endless resources for decodables. This is a real game changer!
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “As a newbie to SoR , this resource is amazing and well worth the price! The Word Work activities that support the decodable are so helpful! Thank you for creating such great resources that we can just print and run with!”
Stay up to date with all things Simply Kinder:
Jennifer Kadar – Simply Kinder – Kindergarten – First Grade – Preschool
© Simply Kinder, LLC
For questions please email [email protected].