Candy Heart Activities are perfect for the month of Valentine’s Day! So many opportunities for science, literacy, and math that your students will LOVE!
So here are 13 experiments (or learning activities) to do with candy hearts!
1. Dissolve them in different liquids.
2. Make observations with your senses.
3. See if different colors dissolve the same.
4. Sort them.
5. Measure with them.
6. See if changing the texture or size of them changes the dissolve time.
7. Try to make them erupt.
8. Graph the colors.
9. Taste test them and record your findings.
10. Stack them.
This printable is in the preview of our Conversation Heart Science unit on Teachers Pay Teachers, so you can download it for free. Click here and then download the PREVIEW for this activity.
11. Predict how many you can grab.
12. Record what sayings are on them. (See above photo!)
13. Dissolve them in different temperatures.
BONUS: See if they sink or float. For some reason, I thought they would float, but the totally sink.
The printables above are a part of my Conversation Hearth Science Projects. All of our science units use the same activities and experiments so that way your kids get used to the processes and are able to really think about the concepts behind them!