Get your incoming students ready with this Editable Kindergarten Readiness Packet that includes everything from working on opening milk cartons to showing families how to form the letters correctly.
What’s included in the download:
This is a packet of activities to work on fine motor, social-emotional, literacy, and math skills that will prepare your incoming students for kindergarten.
The entire file is editable and can be customized to address specifically what you want for your community.
Each page also has a home link section at the top where you can give tips and tricks to families such as not writing in all capital letters or the importance of being able to recognize their name.
It starts with an editable letter :
- reading at home importance and tips
- importance of play dough play
- fine motor line tracing practice
- proper upper and lowercase letters formation
- saying the alphabet without having ELMNO
- recognizing name in print and writing name
- a few basic high-frequency words
- counting aloud and counting objects
- writing numbers correctly
- scissor skills and practice
- identifying colors and shapes in the environment
- working with rhymes
- cafeteria tips like opening a milk carton
- independence skills like shoe tying
- school restroom tips
This set also includes a few BONUS activities including
- Hip Hip Hooray I’m Ready for K hat you can include in the packet
- Kindergarten Readiness BINGO
- Kindergarten Readiness Cover Page if you want to make them into a packet
This quick, low-prep print & go packet is perfect for sending home at open houses, kindergarten roundups, or just mail home.
Stay up to date with all things Simply Kinder:
Jennifer Kadar – Simply Kinder – Kindergarten – First Grade – Preschool
© Simply Kinder, LLC
For questions please email [email protected].