Kindergarten Fluency Practice with Comprehension Activities – Short A – The Bad Cat
Get this as part of a money-saving bundle here:
Included in this download is:
Included is a different passage that is fun to read.
Each passage comes with its separate file that includes 14 pages to pick from:
- Fluency Page with just the passage
- Fluency Page with passage and a matching picture
- Flashcards with important words from the passage
- Passage with Picture, warm up words, and picture
- Passage with Picture, warm up words, picture, prompt to read it three times, and a place to write a sentence
- Passage with place to draw a matching picture
- Passage with comprehension questions with picture multiple choice answers (pick from 2 options)
- Passage with comprehension questions with 3 text choices that are decodable
- Passage with 2 open ended comprehension questions where students write the answer (2 line style options)
- Passage with numbered word count and box to track progress
- Comprehension questions page with no passage and 3 questions (2 line style options)
- Homework page with passage and place for adult initials.
This file comes with three formats:
- Print – you know the deal.
- Google – Preloaded into Google for you with yellow text boxes to type answers in, dots to fill out multiple choice questions, directions on how to use the drawing tools to make the picture, and our consistent picture directions for what to do on each page.
- Seesaw – Preloaded into Seesaw for you with visual and audio support. For audio, we read to you the directions and questions but not the passage. Students will use the drawing tools to draw the picture, the typing or writing tool to type answers, and move objects to check off reading the passages.
PLEASE NOTE: We give you lots of pages. You will want to duplicate the files digitally and delete the pages you don’t want to use.
Want to see if this resource will work for you? Click here to try our free CVC Digital Activities for Seesaw and Google.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “These were so very helpful and useful to use with my kindergarteners to build fluency in reading. The passages were just the right length. Used them not only in class, but for homework to practice decoding and to work on comprehension. I enjoy using this resource and so do my students.”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “My children enjoyed the challenge of reading these passages. They are a great resource to build fluency and there is a wide level of difficulty so that it is easy to assign passages to meet your individual students’ need.”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “This resource was great! I loved the option to have comprehension questions or to just have students read through each passage. It was great to use for the different levels of my students. They were great to put at a station, use for reading with me, and also as work to send home in reading bags!”
Stay up to date with all things Simply Kinder:
Jennifer Kadar – Simply Kinder – Kindergarten – First Grade – Preschool
© Simply Kinder, LLC
For questions please email [email protected].