Dear Mrs. Fox,
Hi, it’s me Jennifer from your kindergarten class of 1984! I know you remember me, I was the naughty one. Well, guess what, I have taught kinder for 14 years and love every moment of it! I wanted to write to you to say I appreciate you, but we should start with some much needed apologies.
1. I am sorry that I ran from your classroom.
2. I am sorry I bit that little boy’s finger in line.
3. I am sorry I climbed the fence and you had to get a janitor to come to get me down multiple times.
4. I am sorry I would not listen when you were talking.
5. I am sorry I kicked and screamed during nap time.
6. I am sorry I got so upset when I lost the chance to eat fruit salad in class one day. (LOL.)
7. I am sorry I would lay on the ground and kick and scream when I did not get my way.
8. I am sorry to the office staff at your school.
It’s a wonder why and how I became a kindergarten teacher right? You see, you were the first of many teachers to inspire me and teach me to love learning! When I was in your class I had never been in school before and although I was naughty, I remember you always being calm, loving, and caring. According to my mom, I was a very well-behaved child, but I had never been to school and I was very scared. I feel like you knew this about me and still welcomed me every day with a smile and happy heart!
As I prepared to be a teacher 15 years ago, I really reflected on what the teachers I had taught me.
- You taught me to be a loving teacher to all students, but especially the ones who act out.
- You taught me to be a compassionate teacher and look for the root causes of problems.
- You taught me to start each day over and not hold grudges against students.
- You taught me that students act out sometimes because they are scared or they don’t understand.
- You taught me to understand that parents send us the best kids they have and not to place blame on them.
- You taught me to not give up on students and to see the bright light that shines in each of them.
I have carried these concepts from you throughout my teaching career and for that I thank you!
Check out letters from these other great teachers!
Thank You, Madame Obadia by No Time For Flash Cards
Thank You, Miss Swett by Carrots Are Orange
Thank You, Mr.Blanchard by Not Just Cute
Thank You Mrs.Goetz by Thriving Stem
Thank You, Mrs.Ulrich by JDaniel 4’s Mom
Thank You, Ms.Austin by MultitaskingMaven
Thank You, Mr.Spencer by Education To The Core
Thank You, Mrs.Anderson by Mac-N-Taters
Thank You, Mrs.O’Neill by Encourage Play
Thank You, Third Grade Team by The Educators Spin On It
Thank You, Mrs.Johnson by Mrs.Jones Creation Station
Thank You, Mrs. Ratto by Sparkling Buds
Thank You, Mrs.Powell by elemenopkids
Thank You, Mr. Brant by Bare Feet On The Dashboard
Thank You, Ms.Barry by Inspiration Laboratories
Thank You, Mr.Rouland by Clever Classroom