This free printable students information form gives parents the opportunity to share insights about their kids. It is a valuable tool for gaining helpful information that will help students succeed in Kindergarten. Perfect for back to school.
I know that many of you are right at the end of the school year and looking forward to a well-earned break. Still, we know that the summer will fly past at the speed of light. Fall will arrive before we know it and we will be plunged into the frantic preparations for a new class.
Anything we can do right now will make life much easier come the Fall. One thing that we can do is to prepare the forms we will use for class administration tasks.
FREE STUDENTS INFORMATION FORM
We all have Back to School forms we use, but this students information form is probably my favorite!
It consists of 4 simple questions:
- What’s your child’s name?
- What do you want me to call your child?
- How do you want me to teach your child to write their name?
And my personal favorite…
- Please tell me anything you might feel I need to know about your child or family!
I LOVE this question because it opens the door for so many conversations about
- Family issues
- health concerns
- Information about allergies
- Learning concerns
- Holiday concerns
- Learning styles
- Behavior issues
The list is endless. Parents want their children to succeed and will gratefully share all the information they think will help. Their answers often provide us with a GOLD MINE of information about the children. It is so helpful to read before the first day of school!
Your parents may not be trained educators, but they have been living with these children for 4-5 years. Therefore, they know them better than anyone. They know what works and what does not. It is an easy way to get parent input that will help you with your new students!
SENDING A VALUABLE MESSAGE
I also think this students information form sends several positive messages to parents.
- Firstly education is a collaborative affair. It is not just something that teachers do. Parents and children need to work together to help children reach their full potential. Asking for parent’s insights is an easy way to include them from the start.
- Secondly, it tells them that their child is valued and you are willing to go the extra mile to make sure they do well. Starting school can be a nerve-wracking experience for parent and child alike. A form like this will help reassure nervous parents.
The form is easily downloaded for printing. It is black and white to make things easier. You can hand it out on the first day of school.
I hope you’re able to use this freebie! Want to save it for later? Make sure to pin this post, so you can come back to it when needed.
SOME OTHER FREE BACK TO SCHOOL PRINTABLES
- Editable ABC’s of Your Class: Use this free, editable form to inform all of your families of the policies and expectations for your class. Download it here
- Meet The Teacher Back To School Information Packet: Packed with helpful forms and information. This is a great resource to send home to parents. Download it here.
Latest posts by Jennifer @ Simply Kinder (see all)
- Students Information Form: A FREE Back To School Printable - June 10, 2019
- June Learn to Write the Month - May 24, 2019
- Sight Word Walk - May 22, 2019