It’s Gingerbread Exchange time again!
GINGERBREAD EXCHANGE SIGNUPS ARE NOW OPEN.
Here is how the Gingerbread Exchange will work:
- NEW THIS YEAR: Partnering will be done in our exclusive Facebook Group. Please read the pinned post and find your partner there.
- Connect with your partner classroom teacher via email. You can customize your project with your partner teacher directly if you wish! YOU MUST CONTACT THEM before your mail out your projects. Be sure they are participating and verify address are correct. Simply Kinder is not able to send you backup gingerbread people if your partner class does not pull through.
- Make your gingerbread people. Get creative and make them amazing! Glitter, spices, and bows – the possibilities are endless! Please make the number to gingerbread people requested so that each student in your partner classroom will get a gingerbread person to keep! Because of this, you may need to make some extras. Click here to download the free templates from Simply Kinder on Teachers Pay Teachers.
- Have your students write letters or stories to match their gingerbread people. Or you can do a class letter/story. If you get a class letter, I would suggest copying it so each student can take a gingerbread and letter home to keep!
- Mail your gingerbread people to your partner classroom by December 1st. I like to do class sets so you can put all the gingerbread people and letters/stories in one envelope to save on shipping.
- Receive your gingerbread people and letters for your class. The goal is for each student to keep a letter and a gingerbread person! Be sure to post pictures and use the hashtag #SIMPLYKINDER and share them in the Simply Kinder Facebook Group!
The Simply Kinder Facebook Group has several community projects each year, so if you are an early childhood teacher please join us. Sign up below and we will email you when our next project launches.