CVCe Decodable Reader with Activities | Sick at Home | Long O Decodable
❤️ This is a decodable reader for CVCe O pattern with matching word work activities. This resource comes in print, Google, and Seesaw.
Looking for the perfect decodable readers and activities to use with your class?
Get this resource as part of a money-saving bundle:
Included in this resource is one individual, 70+ page resource with everything you need. Each book has a cover page, a keyword warm-up page with decodable words & sight words, and a 6-page story focusing on a phonics pattern.
The resource is just the book SICK AT HOME and all corresponding activity to go with it.
Decodables come in these formats:
- traditional decodable reader, horizontal orientation with words and pictures
- picture-less decodable where students can draw or glue in pictures
- foldable decodable book, no cutting or stapling
- full-size decodable books in black and white and color
Small-Group Aides Included:
- student keyword cards with clipart of decodable word and the word itself (comes with and without sight words)
- student warm up card to practice focus decodable pattern and sight words from the story
- word wall-sized word cards to use at your small group table with picture support and without
- student decodable cards, these can be put in baggies or stapled to make a practice book, these come in several versions including with words and pictures and with picture and no words
Word Work Printables Included:
- Tapping Words, students will tap the sounds and write the word (includes the exact number of taps on printable)
- Tap Color Write, students tap and color in the number of sounds they hear before they write the word
- Cut and Glue Activities, multiple printables to match the key decodable pictures to the words
Centers and Activities Included:
- Picture Cards for decodable words in color and black and white
- Center Card for those picture cards to draw it, tap it, write it, and build it
- Making Words letter tiles to make the decodable words in the story
- Clip Cards matching the picture to word and word to picture for decodable words
- Four in a Row Partner game using decodable words
- Foldable Word Books in several versions including writing the word for the picture shown and glueing the word for the picture shown
Print and Digital. All Decodables and Word Work comes in print and some come in Google and Seesaw formats too. Seesaw is really neat because it includes pre-loaded voice directions and your students are asked to record themselves reading the story back to you.
Teacher Reviews (for Decodables Bundle):
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Wow, just WOW!! If you have been searching for decodables WITH word work activities AND center activities, then you NEED this resource! This resource also aligns very nicely with the science of reading approach, which is a huge plus! I highly recommend this bundle!!!
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “These decodables are just what I’ve been looking for! They are easy to prep and give my students the practice they need blending, decoding, and reading CVC words. They really like the books and the pages that go along with them, too. Thank you!”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “This is what I was looking for: true decodeable texts, some high frequency word practice, appropriate for emergent kindergarten readers, and accompanying activities to reinforce or practice the skills. Thanks so much!”
Stay up to date with all things Simply Kinder:
✅ Get our emails with weekly FREEBIES, special offers, & teaching ideas
✅ Join the Simply Kinder Teacher FACEBOOK GROUP
✅ Read about Kindergarten on our Website
✅ Follow us on Teachers Pay Teachers
Jennifer Kadar – Simply Kinder – Kindergarten – First Grade – Preschool
© Simply Kinder, LLC
For questions please email [email protected]
There are no reviews yet.