Sight Words By Phonics Skill Practice & Spelling Pattern, High-Frequency Words
Save 84% when you purchase them all in this bundle!
Did you know that most sight words ARE DECODABLE? That’s right. If you are teaching the word ME, why not teach the word BE, HE, WE, SO, and GO? Or when you are teaching the short a sound, why not teach the words SAT and HAD? By understanding why these words say the sound they do in them, students can apply that skill to all of the other words they encounter with it!
Included in this bundle is:
This is the bundle for our Sight Words by Phonics Skills sets. Each set is focused on one spelling pattern or generalization/rule. Teach your students the pattern or rule and then watch them decode ALL the high-frequency words with that pattern.
Each pattern includes a separate 70+ page file with these resources:
- Parent letter explaining the pattern and lists the words.
- Poster for the spelling rule or generalization or pattern.
- Word Lists in 3 different sizes and in color and black and white. These include the main rule for that group of words.
- Decoding Cards with how to map them on the back in two sizes – one for class and one to send home.
- Word Mapping Printables
- Half page printable where students can circle the patterns and/or highlight the consonants and vowels different colors.
- Fun printables like rainbow coloring, spin and write, cut and glue, search and find, color by code, and more.
- Sentence printables where students will fill in the decodable sentences and another where they write their own.
- Cut and Color words for all of the words in fun patterns on the list.
- Two foldable books that review the words, the pattern, and a quick fun activity. These books fold into fourths.
- One half page book filled with activities for the group of words including mapping, the reviewing the rule, and checking off the word once they know it.
- Pocket chart cards in full size for your wall and in mini size so students can have a set.
- Assessment pages with the rule and without. We also include a key with words and sentences to dictate.
This bundle currently includes:
- CV Open Syllable CVC
- Closed Syllable Short A CVC
- Closed Syllable Short E CVC
- Closed Syllable Short I CVC
- Closed Syllable Short O CVC
- Closed Syllable Short U
- Digraph TH Sound
- CVCe Silent E Long A
- CVCe Silent E Long I
- CVCe Silent E Long O
- Sound Long E Spelled EE
Sound K Spelling CK
- & MORE TO COME!!
Stay up to date with all things Simply Kinder:
Jennifer Kadar – Simply Kinder – Kindergarten – First Grade – Preschool
© Simply Kinder, LLC
For questions please email [email protected]