Practicing names seems to be a great way to begin to learn letter names and sounds. Here is a fun DIY Paint Stick Names activity to help your students become proficient with their name!
What you need, with Amazon affiliate links so you can easily prepare to make them:
- Paint sticks. You don’t need one per student because the student name cards will stick with magnets to the paint stick. We got ours free (wink, wink)!
- Magnet tape
- Paint (we used tempera which you should have at school hopefully)
- Magnet Letters
How to make them:
- Paint the paint sticks.
- Put the magnet tape along the paint stick.
- Print the free printable on cardstock. (Keep reading for the download).
- Cut the name pieces and laminate them for durability.
- Put a magnet on the back of the student card so the students can interchange what name they are working on.
- Print the student accountability page (included in download at the end of this article).
Partner this activity with our free printable, and you have the perfect center! And even better, turn your sticks sideways and make it even more meaningful. (An observation from one of you!)
And if you are looking for some great names printables, we have you covered too! Click here to download them now! “These are the best product on TPT for kindergarten!” Type the kids names in once, and multiple pages print out for your entire class! A huge time-saver!
Latest posts by Jennifer @ Simply Kinder (see all)
- Teaching Story Elements: Free Literacy Posters - September 30, 2019
- 21 CREATIVE RESOURCES TO HELP YOU PLAN A COMMUNITY HELPERS UNIT - August 22, 2019
- Forky in Kindergarten - August 21, 2019