I am SO excited about this new unit that I wanted to share it all with you on Simply Kinder. This Alphabet Crafts & Printables Notebooks came about because one of my favorite units to make are my research close read units. These are close reads, graphic organizers, report pages, and crafts for related topics. I have wanted to make an alphabet set for YEARS and this week I found the motivation to do this.
My favorite part about these units is always the crafts. Yes they get some good reading in and yes we get some amazing reports. But seriously, if you want to get kids motivated about learning you have to make it fun!
And this how this unit was born. I wanted to create a comprehensive unit that allowed kids to explore the letters, learn to write the letters, use some vocabulary with the letters, and have fun while doing so. And so this unit is filled with activities to help your students be proficient reading, writing, and hearing letter names and sounds.
Each letter includes the following things:
- Cover page to glue craft on.
- Coloring page (if you don’t want to do the craft or even if you do.)
- One page craft using lower case letter.
- Letter outlines to decorate.
- Bubble map to brainstorm.
- Vocabulary page to pick 4 words and write them (cut-outs provided.)
- Vocabulary page to draw a picture and write word for your own words.
- Rainbow writing page with print practice.
- Handwriting page with lots of practice.
- Story starter to collect ideas and write about one or all of them.
You can prepare this book in many ways:
- Print individual activities and do them separately.
- Staple into letter books and do one letter at a time.
- Staple into a giant alphabet book and include all of the pages you plan on using. (You can even add your own.)
Each letter also comes with a fun alphabet craft. Each craft is a one page printable so it is easy for you to prep and quick for the students to do.
THIS RESOURCE GOES WELL WITH:
Here’s what each letter looks like:
I am excited to see how this unit will help keep you organized as a teacher and also help your students learn their letters in a fun way! Click here to see the full Alphabet Notebooks and here if you are just interested in the Lower Case Alphabet Crafts.