Did you know that Colgate has a great program that includes free toothbrushed for kindergarten teachers to give their students? That’s right, you can sign up for a Colgate Bright Smiles, Bright Future Kindergarten Classroom Set and get all sorts of materials and free dental kits for your students.
It’s so easy. You just go to their website and enter your information. Keep reading for how to sign up.
Here is a peek at what we received in our box:
- Toothbrush kits. Each kit comes in a sealed bag and includes a toothbrush, toothpaste sample, a pamphlet for parents, and coupons. (See below for a peek inside the pamphlet).
- Dr. Rabbit & the Tooth Defenders bigger book. This is a fun, adventure book about a group of kids who are becoming defenders of their teeth! I call it a bigger book because it’s not a big book like we are used to, but a bigger than a normal sized book.
- A mini version of the book bulleted above for each of your students to take home!
- Dr. Rabbit and the Tooth Defenders Activity Guide. This book is FILLED with activities to do with your class. Centers and printables, three is really so many great things to do for Dental Health Month.
- A Dr. Rabbit and the Tooth Defenders Poster for your class.
- Dr. Rabbit and the Tooth Defenders oral health educational video (which unfortunately did not work for me to tell you what it was).
This is a great resource for during Dental Health Month in February and it goes GREAT with our Happy Teeth Activity book. This cute tooth-shaped book is filled with all of the important facts with matching activities for dental health. Students will brush their teeth, floss using string, and even glue little food particles between their teeth (fun). Click here to check it out.
We also have this amazing list of teacher-approved videos for preschool, kindergarten, and first-grade students all about dental health. Click here to check those out.
Colgate also has some great resources other than those boxes too. They have activity guides, printables, and so much more. I even found an app called My Bright Smile that is PERFECT if you have iPads. Students will swipe away sweets, floss their way through a maze, and explore Dr. Rabbit’s dental office. All great for vocabulary, reading, and so much more! Click here to see the full list of resources for teachers on Colgate’s website and be sure to look up the My Bright Smile app.
HOW TO SIGN UP?
So if you are interested in getting one of these free dental kits for your kindergarten classroom you will sign up with Colgate directly here. It appears that sign ups are open towards the end of every calendar year and shipped in February. (So you must sign up before December 31st to get the kit for the following year). I should also note, that the boxes are limited and so it appears that just because you sign up does not mean you will get one. I read somewhere too that they will verify you are a kindergarten teacher to ensure these kits get into our classrooms. Oh – and when you sign up it says you will get the box each year until you tell them you are no longer interested. Click here to sign up and you can also click here to read their FAQ which includes answers to many common questions.
PS – I’m just a teacher sharing a great resource that is available to kindergarten teachers. If you have questions about your specific box, please contact Colgate. (Of course, I can answer teaching questions, but I don’t know if your box has been shipped or why you have not got yours yet).