Hi pals! This is Sarah from Kindergarten Alphabet Soup and I am SO EXCITED to be guest posting today on organizing your classroom at The Organization Store! I have a close connection at the Container Store, thanks to my Mom who works there and who gave me a little professional organizational help for my own room so I thought it would be fun to share those ideas with you too!
The following list is based upon items that I really liked, as well as items that are recommended for teachers by employees at the Container Store!
1. Teacher Toolboxes – I’ve seen many of you posting about the adorable “teacher toolboxes”; they sell those tool boxes at the Container Store! This can be used to organize office supplies, brag tags, magnetic letters, the possibilities are endless!
2. 12- Case Rainbow Photo and Storage Carrier – This SCREAMS sight word storage to me! The smaller 12 colored containers are the perfect size for word wall organization, flash cards, and card games.
3. Smart Store products – Color obsession 🙂 This line of products has TONS of different tubs and small containers to organize everything from table supplies to word work centers. I think these supplies would be great to have to organize reading group supplies by color!
4. Milk Crates – These crates are a little more pricey than Walmart and Target’s are in the fall, but they are sturdy and totally worth it. These crates are great for heavy duty storage, like wooden blocks, teacher text books, or filing.
5. Mini Desktop Organizers – Similar to the “teacher toolbox” desktop organizers can be a great solution for a small desk area. I love to use these types of organizers in my writing center to organize different types of writing utensils, stickers, and stencils.
6. Cascading Letter File Tote – These are the coolest filing folders EVER! They fold out so that you can hang them up and access each folder easily. Attach some command hooks to your wall next to your desk and you have the perfect place to organize your weekly papers and activity sheets!
7. Magnetic Pouches – These are great for white boards or filing cabinets. They are clear so you can put documents in them and put them up on the white board for students to reference, or you can put visual directions in them as well!
8. Pippi Drawer Organizers – How cute! These are a cloth material, and come in many different sizes. These boxes could also be used to organize toys, manipulatives, or art supplies for the students to use.
9. Apple containers – What teacher doesn’t love some cute apple items in their classroom! The apples come in the two colors shown, and would be cute to use for a Teacher Mailbox that students can use to place their little love notes and drawings in, or as a Treasure Box container.
10. Mini Tape Gun – I mean…how cute is this?
11. Clear storage bins – The Container Store has TONS of these clear bins in multiple different sizes. They are so inexpensive and completely see through, so it is easy to find whatever you’re looking for!
12. Cable Drops – I use these on my desk to organize my chords. These can be used to organize an iPad cart (see #13 for a cute iPad cart idea!) or would even be fun as pencil holders on desks!
13. Elfa iPad Cart – The Container Store carries closet organization products created by Elfa. My mom helped me create this awesome iPad cart using Elfa materials and an extension chord. The wheels move so smoothly and I love having a safe place to charge and store our iPads!
14. Large Elfa Bin – This is PERFECT for Big Books. It is very sturdy, so it won’t tip over, and gives me a great spot to put my big books! See the rest of my classroom library here on my blog: Kindergarten Alphabet Soup
15. Last but not least…the Miniemergency Kit! It’s just cute and sparkly and contains some of those things you may need in the middle of the day at school (floss, hairspray, Advil, stain remover, extra buttons…LOVE!)
There you have it! Comment about your favorite Container Store products or how you use any of these products in your classroom.
Happy Back to School! You ROCK life changing teachers!!! Be sure to stop byKindergarten Alphabet Soup to read more about my obsession with organization!