This activity works well with these resources:
I am OBSESSED with the paper bag turkeys filled with popcorn and so I had to make a Turkey Leg Popcorn Snack for our students. Here are the directions AND a free printable for the bone.
- Gather your supplies.
- Popcorn (one bag of pre-popped popcorn made about 4 turkey legs, you could easily do less, though)
- Lunch Bags
- Free bone printable (see below)
- Cut off the tip of the bag. We used the tip of the bag to help staple the bag and to make it a little bit smaller.
- Fill the bags with popcorn, I did just under the line where the bag folds.
- Cinch the bag.
- Put the free bone printable in the bag cinched.
- Wrap the strip you cut off around the base of the leg and staple.
- Shape the meat of the turkey.
And there you have it. Super simple and your class will love them.
Click here to download the turkey bone printable now.
Ms. Melton shares with us in our Simply Kinder teacher group how she used this idea in her class. She created a whole Thanksgiving feast for her class and her popcorn turkey legs were in the middle. How cute is that?! See it here or another year’s table here.