Do you know about TWOs Day? It’s 2-22 is TWOs Day! How neat is that? This crazy combination of all things two makes it a fun celebration to have with your students. We have you covered with these fun snacks that are all things two (and some are not what you would think).
Now is the time of year to use these Simply Kinder resources:
This article and many others on Simply Kinder uses affiliate links. We may earn a small commission from you clicking these links. This cost you nothing to click and we only share things we absolutely love (and we love Twos Day snacks).
Twos Day is SO kindergarten and so we wanted to give you lots of ideas for this day. Today we are talking about fun snacks but you can also check out these fun Twos Day resources below:
- Twos Day Classroom Ideas
- Teacher Approved Twos Day Videos
- Twos Day Printables and Crafts
- Two Word Study (with video)
When we have themed days we love good books, great videos, amazing activities, and always love when we can tie a good snack in as well. Here’s some ideas for Twos Day snacks!
- Taco Tuesday (well duh). Keep reading for taco ideas because we have lots.
- Twin Popsicles. The ones with two sticks.
- Cookies that come in 2’s. At my store Oreos come in twos.
- Twix. They come in two and they start with TW like two, twelve, and twenty (so it’s a great literacy lesson).
- Zebra Cakes. Check the Little Debbie Snacks that come wrapped in 2s).
- Swiss Rolls. These can come in 2’s as well. These Mrs. Freshley’s or these Little Debbie ones look yummy on Amazon.
- Twinkies. A play on the TW in two, twelve, and twenty. They come individually wrapped.
- Pears. A spin on a PAIR.
Did you know that Twos Day is also National Margarita day? SO we have deemed it National Buy a Teacher a Margarita Day, of course! But for real, Taco Tuesday is the perfect for Twos Day and you can save the tequila for after school.
Here are some realistic taco ideas to do Taco Tuesday with your class too. You can really make tacos. Maybe have a taco bar if you are able to but if you can’t you can also do these thing:
- Gummy Tacos. (See Amazon here for many options)
- Choco Tacos. Made my Klondike, maybe you can find them at your store.
- Taco Shells or Tortillas. You can stuff with anything, crackers, fruit, etc.
Another fun approach to snacks for Twos Day is eating things that go together. Here are some ideas for that.
- Milk and Cookies (Oreos can come in packs of 2 in the snack section of the grocery store too)
- Chips and Salsa
- Peanut Butter and Jelly (crackers or sandwiches with no allergies, of course)
- Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Cheese and Crackers
- Chips and Dip
- Peas and Carrots
- Rolls and Butter
What ideas do you have for snacks during your Twos Day Activities? Comment below and be sure to share with us using #SimplyKinder on social media.
This article is written by Jennifer. She is a master’s level teacher who has a love for making classroom activities easy and fun (and in this case delicious!)