Spring fever has set in and teachers are pulling out all sorts of tricks to keep their students on task this time of year! Here is a fun idea for St. Patrick’s Day to motivate and reward your students with this Lucky Leprechaun Door Classroom Management idea!
The idea of a leprechaun door has been around for ages. You put this cute little door on your wall and the leprechaun can come leave little treats and trinkets for your kiddos.
To make your door:
- Cut out some construction paper. So simple and easy.
- Print ours out. Click here to download it now.
- Cut one like shown in our sample photos using a Silhouette.
- Buy one on Amazon. Click our affiliate link here for more information on just a door or you can get a whole set including notes, etc here.
We like to keep our door up for the week of St. Patrick’s Day. Throughout the week a basket appears and our leprechaun leaves us a treat if we’ve been good or a note to encourage us if we need to make better choices.
What can the leprechaun leave:
- treats (small pieces of candy)
- gold coins
- new books to read like The Night Before St. Patrick’s Day (always a class favorite)
- St. Patrick’s Day pencils
- St. Patrick’s Day mini erasers
- a healthy St. Patrick’s Day snack like grapes or apple juice
- golden Oreos (spray your Oreos with Wilton Gold Color Mist) Click here to see step-by-step instructions.
This is one of our favorite activities to do in the Spring because it encourages good behavior while adding some fun seasonal rewards for the students. Happy St. Patrick’s Day friends!
Latest posts by Jennifer Gibbons (see all)
- Dear Parents…How to Get Your Kindergartener Ready - July 16, 2017
- 101st Day of School - July 7, 2017
- Summer Boredom Buster Bag: Helping with Clutter and Summer Slide - June 12, 2017