Are you ready to celebrate Easter with your class? We’ve gathered 30 of the best Easter learning activities for Kindergarten. Includes worksheets for math, science and literacy. We’ve also got books, videos and crafts. Get ready to enjoy some fun hands on learning.
This Activity Pairs Well With
Can you believe we are into March already? Easter is coming up next month, so we thought we would gather some of our favorite Easter learning activities in one place to make it easier for you to plan.
Most kids love Easter. The holiday brings candies, eggs, and Bunnies. What’s not to love? Why not give your students a treat and bring Easter into the classroom? To help you we collected a whole wack of Easter activities. They are designed to engage your students and make learning fun. We also made sure they are easy prep, so that you don’t have to spend hours getting ready.
Recommended Books for the Easter Season
- Finding the right books for kindergarten can be tricky! So, here is a Lovely list of Easter-themed books that are just right for the Kindergarten level. There is a lovely non-fiction offering, but most of them are stories about eggs and bunnies. We kept clear of religious books as that can be a sensitive topic.
Classroom Videos for Easter
- Get ready to do the bunny hop with these teacher approved Easter videos! Perfect for engaging your Kinders this spring. Anyone ready for a good brain break?
Easter Learning Activities: Math
Need some engaging Easter math activities? We got you covered. All these activities are perfect for math centers or early finishers? Get your class in the spirit of the holiday.
- We love to incorporate candy when we can! Here’s some free jelly bean math activities for graphing, sorting, and tallying!
- Who else loves clip cards? Here’s a set of cute addition Easter clip cards for your class to enjoy.
- Easter Snap Block Center Easter themed snap block math centers. Students use the task cards to create an object.
- Kids will have fun practicing counting to 100 with these Easter Math Worksheets. Students are color by code to reveal hidden pictures. Just download and print!
- Set up this Roll and Graph Easter Math Activity and watch your students have fun while working on basic graphing skills.
Science With an Easter Theme
No list of Easter learning activities would be complete without some science. Here are some easy Easter science activities suitable for the Kindergarten level! They are easy to set up and good for classroom use. Have fun!
- How Long Can You Stretch a Peep? Peeps STEM for Kids Looking for an engaging science experiment to do with your Kinders? We’ve got you covered with this FREE STEM activity!
- Fun with Peeps!!! Here are 10 learning activities to do with your students and those tasty treats Peeps!
- Spring Marshmallow Science 7 experiments including freezing, heating, leaving out overnight, combining with baking soda and vinegar, putting in different liquids, combining colors, and sink and float.
- Incubating Eggs On Your Chairs This super fun spring activity will get your Kinders motivated to learn. It will also encourage them to stay in their seats!
Easter Learning Activities: Literacy
Obviously, you will continue to work on literacy as the year progresses. Why not combine literacy with an Easter theme to engage your students? We’ve got lots of different ideas and printable worksheets make preparation a snap.
- Easter Egg CVC Puzzles Do your students love Easter eggs? Add these cute Easter Egg CVC Puzzles to your center rotation. It is a fun and hands-on way for children to practice reading CVC words and matching the word to the picture.
- Help kids practice sight words with these super cute Easter Sight Word Maze.
- Our Easter Egg Blend Puzzles are the perfect way for your students to review blends, while having fun.
- Looking for some fun with those marshmallow treats? Why not try our Peeps Writing Craftivity.
- Fill your basket with Easter Egg word Families in this fun Easter activity for kindergarten.
- Easter Syllables Phonemic Awareness Activity help kindergarteners practice counting and segmenting the syllables in words.
- Practice sight words with this easy Easter read and cover game.
- Finally, grab this Easter sight word game. Your students will practice their reading skills as they play
Easter Crafts for the Classroom
Arts and crafts are always challenging with larger groups of children. Here are some that are easy to prepare and work well in the classroom.
- Free Easter Bunny Hat It’s no secret, that we love hats at simply Kinder! And we have this FREE Easter Bunny Hat for you to make with your preschool, kindergarten, and first-grade students.
- Ripped Paper Easter Egg Collage This ripped paper Easter egg collage is a great Easter egg craft idea for Kinders. A great fine motor activity and craft that is perfect for Easter.
- There are two watercolor techniques that can be used to create watercolor surprise Easter Egg art. One uses a watercolor resist medium, while the other uses the wet-on-wet watercolor painting method.
- Need a simple Easter craft that won’t require hours of preparation. Snag this easy printable Easter Basket craft. Children can work on their coloring, cutting, and gluing skills as they assemble an Easter basket.
Just For Fun
Finally, we wanted to share some FREE printables that were just fun. They can be given to early finishers, given as Easter gifts, or used in the classroom as is. They all have value in terms of learning.
- This FREE printable Easter activity book is full of puzzles, games, and coloring sheets for kindergarten. Make up a batch to give as gifts or use them in the classroom. You could also print off individual pages to hand out.
- This super simple Easter word search is perfect for Kindergarteners! The objective is to identify ten simple, easy to find Easter words.
- Invite students to decorate and play an Easter egg matching game with this free printable.
- Your students will love playing this free printable Easter word scramble! It’s perfect for Easter celebrations at home or in the classroom.
- We love this fun Easter comparison printable. Your Kinders will enjoy looking and comparing Easter themed objects.
- We weren’t sure where to put these cute plastic egg recording sheets. There are two fun activities. The first involves simple math equations, and the second invites Kinders to put together words. Have fun!
So, that is our list. What are your favourite Easter learning activities? How do you celebrate Easter with your students?