Need some Valentine’s activities for Kindergarten? Use our resources to make plans for February. Includes crafts, science, math, and reading. We’ve also got tips for stress-free Valentine parties. Perfect for busy teachers and homeschoolers!
THIS ACTIVITY WORKS WELL WITH
Are you ready for Valentine’s Day? February is fast approaching and we wanted to make it easier for you to plan. So, we decided to gather all our Valentines resources and learning activities in one place.
Most kids love Valentines’ Day. Why not take advantage of that and use it as a springboard for all kinds of learning?
So, let’s jump right in and get started.
Valentine’s Day Class Party
Are you planning a Valentine’s Day Class Party? We’ve got you covered with simple low prep ideas for Valentine’s Day Crafts, Activities and Games!
Firstly, here is a Free Valentine’s Day Letter to send home with your students. This will get your plans off to a great start. The letter is completely editable, so you can change the details in text as needed.
Classroom parties stress me out! How about you? If we are not very careful, the combination of excited kids and sugar can be a recipe for disaster. The secret is to be very prepared.
Before doing anything, please STOP and read our Valentine’s Day party tips and my guide to planning a stress free Valentine party. Do this BEFORE planning your classroom celebration. They are GUARANTEED to make your day go smoother!
Teacher tip: Want to know my favorite line when it comes to classroom parties?
“If you send in 5 classroom sets of cupcakes, I will give your kid 5 cupcakes right before they go home!”Jennifer
Valentine’s Day Class Party Activities
These 5 Minute To Win It games are a blast to play and students will love using cute candy conversation hearts. The best thing? They are easy to set-up and require minimal materials.
I love this Valentine’s Day I spy printable for kids. This sweet find and color worksheet is full of cute Valentine themed shapes and characters for kids to spy. They can color each object as they find it, or color the whole worksheet once they’re done!
Valentine’s Day Cards
I always want my students to have cards to exchange but the reality is that there are always 2 or 3 whose parents just don’t send them in for whatever reason.
Of course your’ re going to need something to hold all those cards, so we have two fun crafts.
- Show them how special they are with this Beary Special Valentines Day Craft!
- Ditch the mailboxes and make cute Minion Valentine’s Bags! Kids love them, because they can just drop all their valentines into the mouths!
On the other hand, why not make it a family project? It makes life so much easier for you. Send home the free letter, encourage families to make a box at home, and give them a deadline.
Valentine Gifts For Students
Do you give to your students? If you are looking or an inexpensive and easy Valentine these cute and inexpensive ideas will make it easy!
- You don’t need a knife or even an oven to make these adorable valentines. Microwave Melted Crayon Valentines are simple and fairly quick to make!
- Kids love dinosaurs, so you know these printable Dino-Mite cards will be a big hit.
- Do you want to give a gift that is eco-friendly and candy free? Check out these eco-friendly Valentines.
Teacher Approved Valentine’s Day Videos
Let’s be honest, there are times when you just need a good video to show in your classroom. And there are some great Valentine’s Day Videos that you can use with Kinders. They cover concepts like friendship, love, or are just provide a good brain break!
Recommended Books for Valentine’s Day
Finding the right books for kindergarten can be tricky! So, here is a list of Valentine’s Day books for Kindergarten that are tried and true! These books give solid examples of love, persistence and kindness that all children can relate to. All of these books offer great opportunities for sequencing events, writing strategies, and creativity.
Valentine Day Themed Math
Are you looking for some mathematical Valentines activities for Kindergarten? We got you covered. All these FREEBIES are perfect for math centers or early finishers? Get your class in the spirit of the holiday.
- I love these Valentine Monster Counting Strip Puzzles . They are a hands-on way for your students to practice number sequence and counting by one’s from 1 to 100 in intervals of 10
- Can you feel the love in the air? Well, we certainly do! Love for math that is! To celebrate that love, we are sharing a set of lovely Valentines Hearts Counting printables.
- Missing Number Hearts is a simple activity for your students to review counting from one to twenty. All you need to do is print and make copies.
- Here are some Free Emoji Conversation Heart Activities for you to use with your preschool, kindergarten, and first grade students.
- Playing Heart BINGO for Kids is such a fun way to practice simple addition and to introduce kids to the basics of probability!
- This free candy heart graphing printable makes a fun math center and is a great way to practice counting, sorting, and graphing.
Literacy Activities For Valentines Day
Some of the most engaging Valentines activities for Kindergarten involve reading and writing. The holiday and what it celebrates just lends itself to that. Here are some fun resources to try.
- Try these writing and reading activities to accompany Felicia Bond’s delightful book, The Day it Rained Hearts. These free printables help Kindergarten students with fluency, reading comprehension and writing. Perfect for Valentine’s Day.
- Do you use sensory bins in your classroom? Put together this simple Sight Word Hearts Sensory Bin for my students to practice reading and writing high frequency words.
- These editable heart themed sight word match makes a great literacy center.
Encourage kindness with these love letters for Valentine writing practice. This activity also practices writing, and upper/ lowercase letter recognition!
- This printable journal page for kids makes the perfect Valentine’s Day writing prompt. Students are invited to think about who or what they love.
- These Color by Sight Word Valentine’s Day Kindergarten Worksheets are perfect for reviewing sight words! They also practice fine motor skills. G
Science and STEM Activities
Science projects finish off our round up of Valentines activities for Kindergarten? Here are some fun Valentine’s Day STEM activities for kids! Have fun!
- These Color Changing Heart Bookmarks are very cool. Use heat sensitive paper to make an bookmark and watch it change color.
- Candy Heart Science is just right for this time of year. Click on the preview link to download the Candy Heart Stacking activity for free!
- Your students will become engineers with these hands-on Valentines Day STEM activities.
- Make a light up valentine with this free printable. You’ll never guess what makes the circuit work.
Looking For More Resources?
- Check out my Valentine’s board on Pinterest.
- There are loads of Valentine’s Day resources in the shop.
Do you have any favorite Valentines activities for Kindergarten? What would you add to our list?